Saint Begnet of Ireland & her Holy Well in Dalkey Island, Ireland (+7th century) – November 12

http://irelandofmyheart.wordpress.com

IRELAND OF MY HEART

IMG_0557.JPG

DSCF5084-2.JPG

Saint Begnet of Ireland and her Holy Well

in Dalkey Island, Ireland (7th century)

Feast day: November 12

p1010676a.jpg

Saint Begnet (also Begneta, Begnete, Begnait or Becnait) is a patron saint of Dalkey, Ireland. The name Begnet is most likely a diminutive form of Beg or Bec. She is noted as a “virgin, not a martyr”. St Begnet was an Irish princess who lived in the 7th century. Her feast day is November 12. Two ruined churches in Dalkey are named for Begnet, one on Dalkey Island, and the other near the 15th-century stone townhouse now serving as Dalkey Castle and Heritage Centre, in the area known as Kilbegnet. A holy well located near the martello tower on the island is also associated with her.

St Begnet’s father was Colman, the son of Aedh in the parish of Kilbegnatan (Kilbegnet or Cill Becnait). Like many other female virgin saints, she is described as beautiful and desirable, but she refused her numerous suitors in favor of religious devotion. Her social status is sometimes given as “Irish princess”, and thus she would have been a valuable bride. She is said variously to have lived as an anchorite or to have served as the first abbess of nuns on a small island off the coast of England.

She gave her name to the two churches in the area and Dalkey town and surrounding area was for many centuries known as Kilbegnet. Perhaps she came from Dalkey, or perhaps she sailed from here to pioneer her religious order. It may also be possible the churches were dedicated to her memory by missionaries, spreading the faith after her death.

As a child, St Begnet was visited by an angel who gave her a bracelet inscribed with a cross as a mark of her vocation.

St Begnet grew up to become a beautiful woman and had many suitors. Her parents arranged her marriage to the son of the King of Norway. But still dedicated to the vows she had taken, Begnet had no wish to take a husband. To avoid marriage, she left home, leaving everything but the bracelet given to her by the Angel. She found passage in a small boat and sailed to Northumbria on the West Coast of England. There she was received into the Church by Bishop Aidan and became the first abbess of nuns. Her convent was constantly plundered by pirates, so after several years Begnet moved inland towards Cumberland.

Her bracelet became an object of veneration after her death.

DSCF5051.JPG

Saint Begnet’s Well

2564922245_0f611690a8_b.jpg

Dalkey Island, Ireland

https://www.google.gr/maps/@53.2748152,-6.0937406,3a,75y,113.8h,72.84t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sj-3Cc5p1Ra7T4VdqSuXEww!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=el

Dalkey Village, Ireland

St Begnet's Church 001L.jpg

St Begnet’s Church, 9th century

IMG_5760-1.JPG

St Begnet’s Church

The 9th century granite church named after the virgin Saint, St Begnet, probably replaced an earlier wooden church dating back to the Early Christian period. The Nave dates to the 10th century and later the Bellcote and Chancel were added in the 13th century. Inside the Nave on the eastern side of the doorway is a Stoup and there is an Ambry built into the southern wall of the chancel. Scattered throughout the graveyard are a number of decorated headstones and on the northern side of the church is a rare Tau Cross.

dalkey20castle20tau20cross20001s

DSCF5095.JPG

The ruin of the church of St. Begnet on Dalkey Island, Ireland

P7310029_adj.jpg

Dalkey Island20150607091200.jpg

xdalkey_sound_county_dublin_ireland_DS,P202.jpg.pagespeed.ic.g2kuW-lCo-.jpg

002c.jpg

DSCF4892.JPG

100_1779.jpg

xdalkey_sound_county_dublin_ireland_DS,P202.jpg.pagespeed.ic.g2kuW-lCo-.jpg

069 St. Begnet's Church.jpg

IMG_0557.JPG

348s.jpg

Dalkey Island20150607091251.jpg

4942375073_85e7379884_m.jpg

images-1.jpg

100_1799.jpg

Goat Castle, Dalkey Village, Ireland

Dalkey heritage centre

Dalkey-Castle-Heritage-Centre-2.jpg

goat20castle20

Rathdown Slab

In the Dalkey heritage centre there is the Rathdown Slab. The slab was found in the graveyard surrounding St Begnet’s Church in 1855. The Rathdown Slabs are usually linked to churches dated to the 11th and 12th century. The first slabs were recorded by Austin Cooper in 1781 and since then the number of viking slabs has risen to around 30. This particular slab is one of the finest examples and standing at about 5 ft tall one of the largest. It is thought the slab may have been decorated originally with viking art such as the cup marks, but that a number of christian symbols such as the large ring with a cross in the centre, may have been added later. Other examples have been recorded at Kilgobbin Church, Rathmichael Church, Whitechurch, Ballyman, Kiltiernan, Tully Church, Killegar and more recently in Dundrum.

P5160093.JPG

St Begnat’s Church of 9th century

in Dalkey Village

bhp13.jpg

st-begnets-church-and-graveyard1.jpg

St Begnet's Church 003s.jpg

DSCF5092.JPG

St-Begnets-Church-Graveyard-Dublin-Ireland.jpg

 

St-Begnet-PMOO0617-150x150.jpg

St Begnet of Dalkey Island, Ireland (+7th ce.)

Sources:

Wikipedia

&

Abel-Tasos Gkiouzelis

http://gkiouzelis.wordpress.com

ORTHODOX HEART SITES

Advertisements

Святая преподобная мати Димитра Егорова Киевская из Бугарске (+1878) ╰⊰¸¸.•¨* Serbian

http://synaxarion-hagiology.blogspot.com

SYNAXARION-HAGIOLOGY

Святая преподобная мати Димитра Киевская

(М. А. Егорова 1810-1878 гг.)

основательница Киевского Свято-Введенского монастыря (1878)

18 апреля 2008 года Постановлением Священного Синода Украинской Православной Церкви монахиня Димитра (Матрона Александровна Егорова) была причислена к лику местночтимых святых. Отныне преподобная Димитра, обретя бессмертие, находится в одном ряду со святыми женами Руси.

Монахиня Димитра родилась в 1810 году в городе Силистрия (Болгария). Она была воспитана благочестивыми родителями Александром и Марией в духе православной веры, на многочисленных примерах жития и благочестия святых, прославивших болгарскую землю.

В конце 20-х годов XIX ст. семья преподобной Димитры переселилась в Бессарабию. Муж матушки Димитры, капитан российской армии Иван Егоров геройски погиб в Крымской войне (1853–1856). Сама матушка Димитра принимала участие в обороне Севастополя (1855–1856), помогая раненым на поле боя. За участие в Крымской войне она получила несколько наград, а также медаль за русско-турецкую войну (1877–1878), во время которой организовала лазарет для раненых воинов в своем доме в Киеве.

С 1856 года преподобная Димитра жила в Киеве, вела благочестивую жизнь. Господь привел ее на порог духовной жизни ― Промыслом Божиим матушка Димитра познакомилась с Киевским Митрополитом Исидором (Никольским) (1858–1860), который на долгие годы стал ее духовным отцом и наставником. Она глубоко почитала Митрополита и ничего не предпринимала без его благословения, находясь во всегдашнем послушании своему духовнику. Митрополит Исидор указал матушке подвижнический путь, следуя которым, она многое смогла сделать на благо Церкви и общества, проявить себя в истинно христианской деятельности. По предложению Владыки, матушка Димитра взяла на себя труд по созданию религиозной женской общины для вдов и сирот погибших воинов и бедных бесприютных женщин. В благословение и в покровительство будущей обители Митрополит Исидор преподнес досточтимую Боголюбскую икону Божией Матери.

Благочестивыми трудами матушки Димитры и на ее средства в 1860–1878 годах была создана первая в Киеве религиозная женская община ― Свято-Введенская, утвержденная Указом Императора Александра ІІ от 4/17 марта 1878 года. В 1901 году община была преобразована в общежительный монастырь.

Однако матушка Димитра не смогла возглавить созданную общину. Всевышнему Богу было благоугодно призвать свою праведницу в небесные обители Своя. Преподобная Димитра мирно почила 9/22 марта 1878 года в Санкт-Петербурге, в день памяти Сорока Севастийских мучеников, воинов Христовых. По распоряжению митрополита Исидора она была временно похоронена в Александро-Невской Лавре, в «палатке» при Федоровской церкви.

Преподобная Димитра была тайной монахиней, и постриг ее совершился по особому ходатайству Митрополита Исидора и его свидетельства о том, что матушка давно ведет подготовительную к монашеству жизнь.

8/21 августа 1878 года тело матушки Димитры было перевезено из Санкт-Петербурга в Киев и захоронено, согласно ее предсмертному пожеланию, в Введенской общине, в нижнем храме-усыпальнице. Ежегодно, 9/22 марта, в день ее кончины, и 26 октября/8 ноября, по случаю храмового праздника киевские митрополиты и архимандриты Киево-Печерской Лавры служили Божественную литургию и панихиду у могилы основательницы Свято-Введенской обители. Совершались поминальные службы и в Александро-Невской лавре.

16 сентября (по новому стилю) 1960 года, после закрытия Введенского монастыря, мощи матушки Димитры были перенесены из храма и перезахоронены на Зверинецком кладбище. 8/21 августа 1996 года, по благословению Блаженнейшего Владимира, Митрополита Киевского и всея Украины, и разрешению властей города состоялось обретение мощей матушки Димитры и их возвращение из Зверинецкого кладбища в обитель. При обретении мощей основательницы было установлено, что святые мощи сохранились частично, нетленными остались голова и верхняя часть тела. Под светским платьем подвижницы обнаружен монашеский параман, на лицо матушки был возложен «наличник», а само тело было обернуто мантией. Все это явилось наглядным подтверждением монашеского пострига матушки Димитры.

Современные насельники монастыря являются продолжателями молитвенного почитания памяти строительницы, поддерживая и развивая традиции, совершая богослужения в установленные дни.

Жизнь праведницы продлилась и после ее кончины. Подвигом своей богоугодной жизни преподобная Димитра получила от Господа дар благодатной молитвы и дивное дарование исцеления болезней людей.

Извор:

http://www.vvedenskiy.com.ua/index.php/media-arxiv/87-obitel/жизнеописания-святых/116-преподобная-мати-димитра-киевская

Άγιος Θεοφάνης & Αγία Πανσέμνη η πρώην πόρνη στην Αντιόχεια της Συρίας (+363) – 10 Ιουνίου

http://conversionstoorthodoxy.wordpress.com

CONVERSIONS TO ORTHODOXY

Άγιος Θεοφάνης & Αγία Πανσέμνη

η πρώην πόρνη στην Αντιόχεια της Συρίας (+363)

10 Ιουνίου

Oύτος ο Όσιος Θεοφάνης ήτον από την Aντιόχειαν, γεννηθείς δε από γονείς απίστους και ασεβείς, ογλίγωρα μετετέθη προς την εις Xριστόν πίστιν και ευσέβειαν. Όταν δε έφθασεν εις ηλικίαν δεκαπέντε χρόνων, επήρε γυναίκα διά γάμου, και ζήσας με αυτήν χρόνους τρεις, αφ’ ου εκείνη απέθανεν, ευθύς αυτός προσήλθεν εις την του Xριστού Eκκλησίαν, και εδέχθη το Άγιον Bάπτισμα.

Όθεν κοντά εις την πόλιν της Aντιοχείας κτίσας ένα κελλάκι στενώτατον, έκλεισεν εκεί μέσα τον εαυτόν του ο αοίδιμος, καθαριζόμενος πάντοτε από όλα τα πάθη, και αποκτώντας όλα εκείνα τα μέσα και όργανα, τα οποία συνεργούσι προς την τελειότητα, και άκραν αρετήν. Mαθών δε διά μίαν δημοσίαν πόρνην Πανσέμνην ονομαζομένην, πως γίνεται εις πολλούς αιτία απωλείας, επροσευχήθη πρώτον και αφιέρωσε τον εαυτόν του εις τον Θεόν.

Έπειτα ευγήκεν από το κελλίον του, και εκδυθείς το τρίχινον φόρεμα οπού εφόρει, ενεδύθη φορέματα πολύτιμα. Eπήρε δε από τον πατέρα του και δέκα λίτρας χρυσάφι, λέγωντας εις αυτόν, ότι έχει να πάρη άλλην γυναίκα. Πηγαίνωντας δε εις Continue reading “Άγιος Θεοφάνης & Αγία Πανσέμνη η πρώην πόρνη στην Αντιόχεια της Συρίας (+363) – 10 Ιουνίου”

Saint Palladius 1st Bishop of Ireland & Scotland, from France (+450) – July 6

http://greatbritainofmyheart.wordpress.com

GREAT BRITAIN OF MY HEART

564.jpg

saint_palladius.jpg

Saint Palladius 1st Bishop of Ireland & Scotland, 

from France (+450)

July 6

Saint Palladius was the first Bishop of the Christians of Ireland, preceding Saint Patrick.

The Palladii were thought to be amongst the most noble families of Gaul, and several of them held high ranks in the Church of Gaul. Saint Palladius was the son of Exuperantius of Poitiers.

Saint Palladius held the (higher) rank of Deacon of Rome.

Saint Palladius was married and had a young daughter. In Rome, he kissed his family goodbye in the manner of the Apostles, and lived as an ascetic in Sicily around 408-409, giving his daughter to a convent on that island. He seems to have been ordained as a priest around 415. He lived in Rome between 418–429, and appears to be the “Deacon Palladius”, responsible for urging Pope Celestine I to send the bishop Germanus to Britain, where he guided the Britons back to the Orthodox faith.

Ireland

In 431, he have been sent as the first bishop to the Christians of Ireland: Palladius, having been ordained by Pope Celestine, is sent as first bishop to the Irish believing in Christ. Palladius landed at Hy-Garchon, where the town of Wicklow now stands.

Irish writers that chronicled the life of St. Patrick state that St. Palladius preached in Ireland before St. Patrick, although he was soon banished by the King of Leinster, and returned to North Britain. According to Muirchu (who lived two centuries later) in the Book of Armagh, God hindered him…and neither did those fierce and cruel men receive his doctrine readily, nor did he himself wish to spend time in a strange land, but returned to him who sent him. Palladius was accompanied by four companions: Sylvester and Solinus, who remained after him in Ireland, and Augustinus and Benedictus, who followed him to Britain but returned to their own country after his death. Palladius is most strongly associated with Leinster, particularly with Clonard, County Meath.

Scotland

According to St. Prosper, Palladius arrived among the Scots in North Britain (in the consulate of Bassus and Antiochus) after he left Ireland in 431. Scottish church tradition holds that he presided over a Christian community there for about 20 years.

 

St Palladius’s Chapel

5th century shrine is among the earliest Christian sites in Scotland.

Fordoun was the site of a chapel founded by the 5th century saint, Palladius, who is said to have preached and died here.

The saint’s relics were preserved in a silver shrine with the chapel that he built at Fordoun.

The chapel – also known as Paldy Kirk – was the mother church for the Mearns region. The ruins of a 13th century chapel built on the site of the original 5th century building can still be seen beside the later church and there is still a well known as St Palladius’s Well in the grounds of the manse.

The ancient ruins were rebuilt in the 16th century and again in 1788. In 1828 the roof collapsed and the chapel was finally abandoned in favour of the new and much grander building we see today. Within the ruined 13th century building is a holy water stoup and an aumbry in the north wall. The three large lancets are a 17th century addition.

The most intriguing feature in the chapel ruins is not above ground however. Protected by a metal grate are stone steps leading down into the earth to a crypt unse the chapel floor.

One plausible theory is that the crypt was where the relics of St Palladius were held, and where pilgrims came to visit his shrine. King Kenneth III was one of those piulgrims; it is said that he was on his way to Fordoun when he died in 994 AD.

In the vestibule of the church is the Fordoun Stone, a beautifully carved Pictish cross slab. This was discovered in 1787 when the pulpit of the chapel was pulled down. The cross may have been hidden here during the Reformation. It shows a marvellously intricate cross and traditional pictish symbols, plus inscriptions in Ogham and a Roman script.

There are several interesting old gravestones near the chapel (some actually leaning agaimst the chapel wall). One stone to William Christison has a rather pointed reminder (literally); a finger points upwards to the heavens above, and a single word is carved – ‘Home’.

Palladius was the first Christian missionery in northern Scotland. He was ordained a priest by Pope Celestine in 430 AD, and is thought to have preached in Ireland before arriving in the Mearns area of Scotland. Presumably he found the natives less than receptive, for his martyrdom occurred not long after his arrival.

The chapel is accessible at any time.

Source:

Wikipedia

Αφρικανή Ρωμαιοκαθολική στο Κονγκό βαπτίζεται Ορθόδοξη μετά από εμφάνιση Αγίου όπου της είπε οτι η Αληθινή Εκκλησία είναι η Ορθοδοξία

http://africaofmyheart.wordpress.com

http://romancatholicsmetorthodoxy.wordpress.com

ROMAN CATHOLICS MET ORTHODOXY

AFRICA OF MY HEART

493.jpg

Αφρικανή Ρωμαιοκαθολική στο Κονγκό

βαπτίζεται Ορθόδοξη μετά από εμφάνιση Αγίου όπου της είπε οτι

η Αληθινή Εκκλησία είναι η Ορθοδοξία

 

«Τό Μάρτιο τοῦ 1991 ὁ Προϊστάμενος τοῦ Ἱεραποστολικοῦ ἔργου του Κονγκό, Κολουέζι, π. Μελέτιος εἶχε πάει στό Λικάσι γιά νά τελέση τό σαρανταλείτουργο μνημόσυνο τῆς Ἑλληνίδος Σοφίας… Ἕνα ἀπόγευμα βάδιζε στό δρόμο μέ κατεύθυνσι τόν Ἱερό Ναό τοῦ Τιμίου Προδρόμου. Ἀπό πίσω τόν ἀκολουθοῦσε μιά ἰθαγενής κυρία. Τόν πρόφθασε, τοῦ ζήτησε συγγνώμη καί τοῦ ἀφηγήθηκε τά ἑξῆς: “Πάτερ, εἶμαι μιά Χριστιανή Ρωμαιοκαθολική στό θρήσκευμα. Κάθε μέρα παρακαλῶ τό Θεό νά μέ ὁδηγήση στή σωτηρία τῆς ψυχῆς μου. Μιά νύκτα εἶδα ἕνα ὄνειρο. Εἶδα ἕναν ἱερέα, πού φοροῦσε τά δικά σας ροῦχα. Εἶχε γένεια καί τό πρόσωπό του φαινόταν πολύ λαμπρό. Μέ πλησίασε καί μοῦ μιλοῦσε στή γλῶσσα μου, πρᾶγμα τό ὁποῖο μέ παραξένεψε, διότι πρώτη φορά τόν ἔβλεπα. Μοῦ ἔδειξε καί μιά Ἐκκλησία καί μοῦ εἶπε τά ἑξῆς: Ἐπειδή μέ δάκρυα ζητᾶς τή σωτηρία σου, νά αὐτή τήν ὁποία βλέπεις εἶναι ἡ ἀληθινή Ἐκκλησία. Σ᾽ αὐτή θά πᾶς καί θά σοῦ πῆ ὁ ἱερεύς τί θά κάνης γιά νά βαπτισθῆς”.

Ὁ π. Μελέτιος τήν ἄκουγε μέ ἐνδιαφέρον, ὥσπου ἔφθασαν καί στήν Ἐκκλησία τοῦ Ἁγίου Προδρόμου. Τότε αὐτή ἡ γυναίκα ἀνεφώνησε. “Νά αὐτή εἶναι ἡ Ἐκκλησία τήν ὁποία εἶδα στόν ὕπνο μου”. Καί ἄρχισε νά κλαίη ἀπό τή χαρά καί τή συγκίνησί της ζητώντας να βαπτιστεί Ορθόδοξη…».

Πηγή:

Ἀρχιμ. Ἰωάννου Κωστώφ

Ἀντιαιρετικά Ἐφόδια

ἐκδ. Ἅγ. Ἰωάννης ὁ Δαμασκηνός

Σταμάτα Ἀττικῆς 2013

http://www.truthtarget.gr

TRUTH TARGET

Saint Declan Bishop of Ardmore, Ireland (5th ce.) – July 24

http://irelandofmyheart.wordpress.com

IRELAND OF MY HEART

ArdmoreCathedral.JPG

f8408082-4ae3-481a-b7f5-ff502ee384e3.jpg

Saint Declan

Bishop of Ardmore, Ireland (5th ce.)

July 24

 

Saint Declan of Ardmore (Irish: Declán mac Eircc, Latin: Declanus, died 5th century), was an early Irish saint of the Déisi Muman, who was remembered for having converted the Déisi in the late 5th century and for having founded the monastery of Ardmore (Ard Mór) in what is now Co. Waterford.

Like Saint Ailbe of Emly, Saint Ciarán of Saigir and Saint Abbán of Moyarney, Saint Declan is presented as a Munster saint who preceded Saint Patrick in bringing Christianity to Ireland. He was regarded as a patron saint of the Déisi of East Munster.

It was through his father that Declán belonged to the royal dynasty of the Déisi Muman. Saint Declan’s mother Dethiden or Dethidin. Saint Declan’s birthplace is said to be Drumroe, near Cappoquin (west Co. Waterford).

Saint Declan first embarks on a journey to Rome, where he studies and is ordained bishop by the Bishop of Rome. At Rome, he meets his fellow countryman St Ailbe of Emly, and on returning to Ireland, he meets St Patrick. St Declan recognises the supreme authority of both saints and with Patrick he comes to an arrangement about the sphere of their mission in Ireland. On St Patrick’s instructions, St Declan founds the monastery of Ardmore (Irish Ard Mór), which lies near the Irish coast, in the southeast of the kingdom of the Déisi Muman, and having obtained Patrick’s blessing, goes on to convert the Déisi to Christianity.

Saint Declan is contemporary of Saint David of Wales in the 6th century. Likewise, the even later saint Ultan of Ardbraccan (d. 655-657) is presented as Declán’s pupil.

The saint later paid a visit to the Déisi of Mide/Meath, where the King of Tara welcomed him and granted him land for the purpose of founding a “monastery of canons”. The monastery founded there became known as Cill Décláin (Kilegland, Ashbourne, Co. Meath).

Saint Declan is one of four Munster saints who they founded monasteries and preached the Gospel in Munster before their younger contemporary St Patrick ever set foot in Ireland. These bishop saints, also included St Ailbe of Emly, St Ciarán of Saigir and St Abbán of Moyarney. The same claim was apparently made for St Íbar of Beggery Island, according to the Life of St Abbán, which identifies him as St Abbán’s uncle and teacher.

According to his Life, St Declan is reposed in the Lord at his monastery in Ardmore and was subsequently buried there. His feast day in the martyrologies is 24 July.

Also, St Declan was responsible for introducing rye (Irish secal, from Latin secale) into Ireland.

The path walked by Declan from Ardmore to Cashel, County Tipperary has been restored as St Declan’s Pilgrim Path.

A round tower still stands at the site of the saint’s monastery at Ardmore as well as earlier ecclesiastical ruins, such as a stone oratory and a small stone church.

Source:

Wikipedia

&

Abel-Tasos Gkiouzelis

http://gkiouzelis.wordpress.com

ORTHODOX HEART SITES

Οι εννεάδυμες Παρθενομάρτυρες της Πορτογαλίας: Αγίες Βιλγκεφόρτις η εσταυρωμένη, Μαρίνα, Κουϊτερία, Γενεύη, Ευφημία, Μαρκιάνα, Γερμάνα, Βασιλεία & Βικτωρία που μαρτύρησαν σε όλη τη Μεσόγειο το 139 μ.Χ. & ο Άγιος ιερομάρτυς Οβίδιος 3ος Επίσκοπος Braga Πορτογαλίας (+135)

http://synaxarion-hagiology.blogspot.com

SYNAXARION-HAGIOLOGY

porto-portugal-155.jpeg

00ec14beb529f9d76eac51992b1c3045--religious-images-religious-art

Οι εννεάδυμες Παρθενομάρτυρες της Πορτογαλίας:  

Αγίες Βιλγκεφόρτις η εσταυρωμένη, Μαρίνα, Κουϊτερία, Γενεύη, Ευφημία,

Μαρκιάνα, Γερμάνα, Βασιλεία & Βικτωρία,

Παρθενομάρτυρες στη Μεσόγειο (+139)

& ο Άγιος ιερομάρτυς Οβίδιος 3ος Επίσκοπος Braga Πορτογαλίας (+135)

Εορτή στις 9/1, 18/1, 19/1, 22/5, 3/6, 12/7, 20/7, 16/9

465

Η Αγία Παρθενομάρτυς Βιγκελφόρτις ή Λιμπεράτα η εσταυρωμένη

η οποία στις Ι. Εικόνες παρουσιάζεται και με γένια

& χωρίς τα γένια του θαύματος της Παναγίας για να αποφύγει να παντρευτεί

τον ειδωλολάτρη βασιλιά δια της βίας

portugal

Τα ονόματα των εννεάδυμων Παρθενομαρτύρων της Πορτογαλίας είναι τα εξής:

Αγία Βιλγκεφόρτις ή Λιβεράτα ή Ευτροπία (St Wilgefortis / Liberata / Eutropia) η εσταυρωμένη, Παρθενομάρτυς στην Aguas Santas Ισπανίας, από Braga Πορτογαλίας (20 Ιουλίου, +139)

Αγία Μαρίνα ή Μαργαρίδα (St Mariña / Margarida), Παρθενομάρτυς στην Aguas Santas Ισπανίας, από Braga Πορτογαλίας (18 Ιανουαρίου, +139)

Αγία Κουϊτερία ή Κυθέρεια (St Quiteria) Παρθενομάρτυς στην Aire-sur-l’Adour Γαλλίας, από Braga Πορτογαλίας (22 Μαΐου, +139)

Αγία Ευφημία ή Ευμελία (St Eufemia / Eumelia) Παρθενομάρτυς στην Auria της επαρχίας Orense της Ισπανίας από Braga Πορτογαλίας (16 Σεπτεμβρίου, +139)

Αγία Μαρκιάνα ή Μαρίκα (St Marciana / Marica) Παρθενομάρτυς στό Toledo της Ισπανίας, από Braga Πορτογαλίας (9 Ιανουαρίου, +139)

Αγία Γερμάνα (St Germana) Παρθενομάρτυς από Braga Πορτογαλίας (19 Ιανουαρίου, +139) και οι συμμάρτυρές της Άγιοι Παύλος, Γερόντιος, Ἰανουάριος, Σατουρνίνος, Σουξέσσος, Ἰούλιος, Κάτος και Πία, μάρτυρες στήν Νουμίδια Ἀλγερίας (19 Ιανουαρίου, +139)

Αγία Βικτωρία ή Ρίτα (St Victoria / Vitoria / Rita) Παρθενομάρτυς από Braga Πορτογαλίας (17 Νοεμβρίου, +139)

Αγία Γενιβέρα ή Γενεύη (St Genibera / Genebra / Gemma) Παρθενομάρτυς από Braga Πορτογαλίας (+139)

Αγία Βασιλεία ή Βασίλισσα (St Basilia / Basilissa) Παρθενομάρτυς από Braga Πορτογαλίας (12 Ιουλίου, +139)

Εορτή στις 9/1, 18/1, 19/1, 22/5, 3/6, 12/7, 20/7, 16/9

YTo2OntzOjI6ImlkIjtpOjk2NDk0NjtzOjE6InciO2k6MTAyMDtzOjE6ImgiO2k6MzIwMDtzOjE6ImMiO2k6MDtzOjE6InMiO2k6MDtzOjE6ImsiO3M6NDA6ImM2YTRiNTJjZmZlY2E1ZmI4OTI3M2YxM2I2MjAzMTRkNTNkOWJkNzQiO30=

Ο Άγιος ιερομάρτυς Οβίδιος 3ος Επίσκοπος της Braga Πορτογαλίας (+135)

3 Ιουνίου

Ο Άγιος ιερομάρτυς Οβίδιος 3ος Επίσκοπος Braga της Πορτογαλίας ήταν ένας Ορθόδοξος Άγιος του οποίο τα αγάλματα κοσμούν την πόλη Braga της Πορτογαλίας. Γεννήθηκε στη Σικελία της Ιταλίας και το 95 μ.Χ. στάλθηκε από τον Άγιο ιερομάρτυρα Κλήμη Α´ τρίτο Επίσκοπο Ρώμης ως Επίσκοπος στην πόλη Braga της Πορτογαλίας. Εκει στην Braga της Πορτογαλίας βάπτισε της 9 Αγίες Παρθενομάρτυρες όταν εγκαταλήφθηκαν από την Continue reading “Οι εννεάδυμες Παρθενομάρτυρες της Πορτογαλίας: Αγίες Βιλγκεφόρτις η εσταυρωμένη, Μαρίνα, Κουϊτερία, Γενεύη, Ευφημία, Μαρκιάνα, Γερμάνα, Βασιλεία & Βικτωρία που μαρτύρησαν σε όλη τη Μεσόγειο το 139 μ.Χ. & ο Άγιος ιερομάρτυς Οβίδιος 3ος Επίσκοπος Braga Πορτογαλίας (+135)”